Nominate Someone for a Diana Award
The Diana Award is bestowed upon courageous, caring, compassionate young people, transforming the lives of others in Diana, Princess of Wales’ legacy. By nominating young people for the Diana Award you too are about to transform their lives as the Diana Award is an award for life.
The Award is open to young people from across the world and UK Award holders will be celebrated regionally, as part of our UK INSPIRE Series.
Check out our FAQ’s below. If you still have questions please contact us
Phone: 020 7628 7499
1. How do I nominate a young person for a Diana Award?
Go to www.diana-award.org.uk/nominate and follow the instructions
2. When do the nominations open and close?
The Diana Award nomination period opens on 4 September, 2015 and closes 07 March, 2016. That means that you can submit your nominations at any point between those two dates. Keep in mind, if you would like your nominee (if successful) to be awarded at a Diana INSPIRE Series event in your region you must submit your nomination by the regional deadlines which can be found in FAQ #4
3. What is the Diana Award INSPIRE Series?
The Diana INSPIRE Series will see the Diana Award team travelling across the UK to meet and award as many of our 2015-2016 successful nominees as possible in Diana, Princess of Wales’ name. Each successful nominee will be invited to attend the INSPIRE event in their region to be given their award in an official ceremony and participate in a day of inspiration and resources to support and empower them to keep up the amazing work and achieve their full potential. This day will also be open to other young people who haven’t received a Diana Award but wish to be more active in their communities and learn about social action and they will surely be inspired by those receiving awards. Dates for INSPIRE Belfast, INSPIRE Manchester, INSPIRE Newcastle, and INSPIRE Scotland are booked for Autumn 2015 and can be found in FAQ #4. If you do not find your region scheduled, please check back here in early 2016 when we will confirm all dates. For further information on the Diana INSPIRE Series please visit INSPIRE Series page
4. When should I submit my nomination by in order for my nominee to be in with a chance of attending their regional INSPIRE series event?
Each successful nominee* will have the opportunity to attend a Diana INSPIRE event in their region to receive their Diana Award and gain advanced skill training in campaigning and community action. Our 2015 event dates have been confirmed and are listed below. Check back here in December for 2016 event dates. *The regional INSPIRE event tickets may be limited for successful group nominations. REGIONAL EVENTS AND REGIONAL NOMINATION DEADLINES
|REGION||AWARDS CEREMONY/INSPIRE DAY||TO SECURE AN INVITATION TO THIS EVENT, IF YOUR NOMINEE IS SUCCESSFUL PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION BY:|
|North East – NEWCASTLE||25th November 2015||25th October|
|North West – MANCHESTER||26th November 2015||25th October|
|Northern Ireland – BELFAST||10th December 2015||10th November|
|Scotland||11th December 2015||10th November|
|South West||Spring 2016||1st March 2016|
|Yorkshire and Humber|
|Final deadline for all 2015/2016 nominations 1st March 2016|
5. If my region’s INSPIRE event deadline has already passed, can I still nominate?
6. What region am I in?
7. Is there set criteria for the nomination?
8. Can you nominate more than one person?
9. Is there a lot of paper work involved in nominating someone?
We have tried to make the form as simple as possible, however, we need enough information to be able to tell how truly special the nominee is! In order for nominations to be eligible we will need: a completed nomination form, one testimonial from someone that has benefited from the work of the nominee and the contact details of an adult that has known the nominee(s) in a professional capacity i.e. not a family member and someone other than yourself.
10. What happens once I’ve submitted a nomination?
11. When will I hear back on the decision of the nomination?
12. Why would my nomination be unsuccessful?
- If the nominee(s) do not comply with the set criteria i.e. fall outside of the age bracket or have not been carrying out sustained activity for a period of 10 months
- If, after support from The Diana Award, any of the answers to the questions within the nomination form do not pass the scoring process carried out by the assessment panel e.g. if there is not clear evidence of the impact the nominee(s) have had on their community.
You will be contacted if your nomination is unsuccessful.
13. If successful what do the nominees(s) receive as part of the Diana Award?
All successful nominees will receive an invitation to attend the INSPIRE Series event* in their region where the they will receive a certificate signed by the UK Prime Minister in an official ceremony. By becoming a Diana Award Holder they will also receive a social action resource pack and opportunities to join our Network and Mentoring programmes. *The regional event tickets may be limited for successful group nominations.