£28,000 per annum (pro rata)
1 year fixed term contract
30 Hours per week (4 days)
Director of Operations
23rd April 2019
Free barista (london office only)
An extra day off on your birthday!
Annual training and development contribution
Fun coworking office space
ABOUT THE ROLE
Who we are looking for...
The Diana Award is looking for an experienced and highly organised Operations Manager to drive operational efficiency and support across the organisation.
A vital member of the Core team, the post holder will work closely with the Director of Operations, leading on key aspects of our operations function to include office management, human resources, workplace culture and finance.
This is an incredibly diverse and highly rewarding role which will require someone who can spin multiple plates and wear many hats. The successful candidate will have a background in operations management, ideally gained within the charity sector.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not exhaustive and staff may be required to undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the role as requested by the line manager.
- Manage, develop and continuously improve the recruitment and induction of staff
- Work with Managers across the organisation to ensure performance management is carried out effectively, in line with The Diana Award’s competency framework
- Manage the training and development budget, working with staff across the organisation to ensure they are seeking the right opportunities for professional development
- Ensure policies and procedures are fit for purpose, embedded across the organisation and in line with current legislation
- Act as the first port of call for all HR queries
- Lead our Culture Committee, which aims to embed and promote our values both internally and externally
- Maintain and develop office systems and procedures, using a variety of software packages, and ensure the smooth running of the office, including coordinating IT issues and office supplies
- Manage a range of supplier contracts
- Manage internal communications, staff meetings and social events.
- Manage general office enquiries, via phone and email
- Support the CEO with diary management and the preparation of documents
- Supervision of office volunteers and temps
- Undertake the role of First Aider, Fire Marshall and to take the lead on all health and safety issues
- Organise and administer Trustee Meetings
- Ensure that data is managed effectively across the organisation to comply with the general data protection regulation
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and accountant to monitor income, expenditure and cash flow
- Assist staff with the management of project budgets and reporting
- Process invoices and expense claims
- Produce accurate monthly reconciliations for income, bank accounts and petty cash in accordance with monthly deadlines
- Manage The Diana Award’s Merchandise Store
- Work with the Director of Operations to implement our digital strategy, including the development and implementation of a new CRM software
Skills & Experience
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a wide range of stakeholders
- A team player, able to work in support of other teams and bring together colleagues from different departments
- Self-motivated and able to work well both as an individual and as part of a team
- Exceptional organisation, administration and planning skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to develop, implement and review efficient processes, policies and procedures.
- A clear understanding of confidentiality requirements, tact and discretion.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the charity sector
- Expertise in recruitment processes, including developing job descriptions, managing interviews and inducting new staff
- Understanding of legislative framework of Health and Safety
- Experience of managing HR issues and situations
- Understanding of the legal obligations of charities (desirable)
- Understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation and ensuring systems are in place to comply (desirable)
- Experience of implementing CRM software and the ongoing management of it (desirable)
- Commitment to and ability to inspire commitment to The Diana Award’s vision, values and mission
- Personal integrity and credibility
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Commitment to self-development
- Commitment to keeping up to date with key trends/developments in the sector
- Good judgment
- Driven to achieve great results
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Energetic, flexible, willingness to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours