MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
circa £34,000 per annum (negotiable for the right candidate)
London Office (currently working remotely)
37.5 hours per week
Director of Operations
Monday 01 February 2021 at 10am
Free barista (london office only)
An extra day off on your birthday!
Annual training and development contribution
Fun coworking office space
Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential independent help and information service for staff, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our small and high impact communications team works across the organisation. We are looking for an established and innovative marketing professional with a passion for branding and design and a demonstratable ability of leveraging digital media to increase visibility as Marketing & Communications Manager.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will lead the development and delivery of engaging and measurably impactful communication and marketing strategies which increase the organisation’s visibility, engage the relevant audiences and support charity’s long-term strategy.
Day-to-day, the post holder will manage all activities across the organisation’s digital channels including, website, social media (organic and paid) and email marketing.
In addition to digital marketing, the role will oversee press and media relations, video, copy and speech writing, branding and design. The post holder will also deliver marcomm plans, working with teams across fundraising, partnerships and events on initiatives with corporate and high-profile stakeholders.
The role will head up a team consisting of two Marketing & Communications Coordinators, a Graphic Designer as well as various freelancers and creative agencies.
Candidates with exceptional digital skills in Google Adwords, Facebook advertising and CMS are preferred.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a dedicated marketing and communications professional to head up a vibrant team for a leading youth charity in the UK.
- Work with the Programme Management Team and other key stakeholders across the organisation to identify and agree marketing priorities for 2021-2026
- Develop and manage delivery of marketing, communications, brand and design strategies across The Diana Award’s communication channels
- Lead the management, development and evolution of marketing plans, websites, creative campaigns and the overall digital strategies
- Manage and deliver paid media planning and implementation, optimising budget and results
- Generate insights and robust recommendations from in-depth research and analysis on audience behaviour, requirements from young people and digital trends
- Work with the wider team to identify, select and engage with young people, creating content with them
- Evaluate the impact of The Diana Award’s marketing and communications activities, report insights and provide recommendations
- Produce regular reports to a range of stakeholders against targets
- Work with the Events team on internal and external programme and organisation events
- Develop and support the delivery of MarCom plans for co-branded initiatives with corporate and high-profile stakeholders
- Adhere to the digital safeguarding requirements, GDPR and financial policies and procedures
- Work alongside the partnerships and fundraising team to promote fundraising campaigns and product collaborations to expand our unrestricted funding
- Develop systems and processes to support the communications team to meet deadlines, and empower them to take ownership
- Motivate your team to meet the organisation’s expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment by delegating and setting expectations for accountability and regular feedback
- Provide encouragement and opportunities for development within your team
Excellent project management and organisation skills with the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise workload and to meet tight deadlines
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate, communicate and build relationships effectively at all levels
Excellent copywriting skills with proven experience in producing and/or editing long-form and short-form copy
An eye for design and imagery placement with the ability to provide clear and constructive feedback on the work of others
Proven skills in developing reports and analysis on digital performance
Strategic thinking, with the ability to form clear and strong recommendations
Knowledge and keen interest in the latest digital trends, online behaviour and marketing
Knowledge of the youth sector and its key audiences is desirable
A proven passion for social action and the youth-led development sector – experience of marketing and content development in the charity sector or for brand social impact projects is preferred
- Proven success in devising and delivering creative and effective digital marketing, brand communications and implementation across a range of formats, markets and channels
- Experience in overseeing and managing websites, including a clear understanding of back-end platforms and services and experience of working with a CMS. Experience of working with the WordPress and Webflow CMS is particularly advantageous, along with any coding skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop a department and department staff members
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience and understanding of how to use tools such as Google Analytics and Adwords
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of Facebook Ads Manager
- An understanding of PPC, HTML/CSS and competency in Adobe Suite would be considered an asset
- Experience with managing external partners including agencies and other organisation
- Commitment to and ability to inspire commitment to The Diana Award’s vision, values and mission
- Personal integrity and credibility
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Commitment to self-development
- Commitment to keeping up to date with key trends/developments in the sector
- Good judgement
- Driven to achieve great results
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Energetic, flexible, willingness to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 1st February 2021 at 10am