MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
£24,000 per annum
London Office with flexibility to work from home
37.5 Hours per week
Marketing and Communications Manager
21 June 2021 at 10:00am BST
Free barista (london office only)
An extra day off on your birthday!
Annual training and development contribution
Fun coworking office space
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are now looking for an ambitious and motivated marketing professional to join our Marketing and Communications department. You’ll be a results-driven, highly organised team player with experience in day-to-day marketing and communications activities. Working with the team on the development of our digital marketing strategy, you will produce content which clearly articulates our vision and work, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and keeping all social media platforms up to date.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not exhaustive and staff may be required to undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the role as requested by the line manager.
- Reporting into the Marketing and Communications Manager, develop and implement the social media content strategy across all social media channels, to maximise our media and social media presence across the UK and Internationally
- Community Management – Lead on day-to-day social media management, working with internal teams to ensure any questions on the channels are answered and flag any potential crisis situations
- Execution of paid social media advertising and strategy for growth and engagement where possible (focus on Facebook and Instagram)
- Produce and commission content for The Diana Award’s communications channels. This would typically include: blogs and articles, newsletters, editorials, infographics, photos and videos
- Identify and work with influencers to help raise awareness of The Diana Award and our work
- Work with programme teams to produce case studies and stories which demonstrate the impact of The Diana Award
- Work with designers (agency and freelance) to coordinate, edit, build and distribute marketing assets’
- Identify and develop media opportunities, working closely with policy and other staff across the organisation
- Help prepare briefings and spokespeople for media interviews and public speaking engagements
- Act as a brand advocate for the organisation, working with colleagues to ensure all assets and communications reflect our brand guidelines
- Ensure our communications are tailored effectively to reach specific project audiences
- Assist in the planning and delivery of website upgrade and improvements as required
- Manage enquiries from press and other interested parties
- Use all available performance management tools to monitor, report and analyse results to improve performance
- Represent the Comms Team at events (e.g. Anti-Bullying Week, Award Ceremonies, fundraising events) as required
- Reasonable occasional out of office hours work will be required as maybe some travel within the UK
- Be an active contributor to the Marcomms department, team meetings and away days
- Adhere to The Diana Award policies and procedures, maintaining good liaison across the organisation
- Undertake other duties from time to time, as requested by the line manager
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and well organised professional passionate about marketing and social media. You will need to raise awareness and engagement with new and established audiences of our networks, resources, training, events, campaigning, and lobbying work.
- At least 2 years experience working in a similar role
- You will be an expert in best practise in social media with proven experience of managing content across multiple platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok, monitoring reach, conversion, and engagement
- Excellent Organisational Skills: you must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time and prioritise tasks according to the charity’s needs. You must be able to deliver results calmly under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- General curiosity – You should constantly look at emerging Social Media trends and new opportunities that may lead to business growth and development.
- Experience in delivering social reporting on analytics and insights and are confident with analytics tools
- Background in community management and understand social listening tools
- Previous experience in influencer engagement and management
- Creativity, with a flair for copywriting and an eye for design
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- An excellent writer with experience writing for a range of audiences and producing persuasive content
- Knowledge of the youth sector and its key audiences (desirable)
- Commitment to The Diana Award’s vision, values and mission
- Personal integrity and credibility
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Commitment to self-development
- Good judgement
- Driven to achieve great results
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Energetic, flexible, willingness to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours