MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
£24,000 per annum
Initial 1 year fixed term contract
37.5 hours per week
Marketing and Communications Manager
28 July 2019 at 23:59
Free barista (london office only)
An extra day off on your birthday!
Annual training and development contribution
Fun coworking office space
Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential independent help and information service for staff, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Who we are looking for...
The Diana Award is seeking an experienced, creative and highly motivated Marketing & Communications professional to join our small (but busy) communications and marketing team.
You will lead on implementing our marcomms strategy, spreading information about The Diana Award’s wide range of activities and offerings through The Diana Award’s owned media such as website, social media pages, campaigns, advertising, email marketing and events. The role will be to inspire people to visit, engage and build relationships with The Diana Award both online and offline.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not exhaustive and staff may be required to undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the role as requested by the line manager.
- Develop and deliver a digital content strategy, schedule and distribution plan for all Diana Award Programmes (Award, Mentoring, Anti-Bullying)
- Manage and deliver the content schedule for all company social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat) growing our audience and maximizing overall reach and engagement, this includes working with key influencers on campaigns and events
- Assume the role of copywriter and inhouse journalist producing, publicising and distributing engaging relevant written content to share internally and externally including content submissions for the organisation blog, press releases, speeches, editorials, messaging guidelines, briefs, etc.
- Help prepare briefings and spokespeople for media interviews and public speaking engagements
- Maintain, update and expand media and case study database
- Undertake press clipping moderation and subsequent analysis
- Work with the freelance designers and agencies to coordinate, edit, build, and distribute outbound email campaigns to support Diana Award programmes and initiatives including as well as managing email lists to insure targeted communications
- Automate eMarketing to align with The Diana Award’s online store and digital fundraising
- Provide relevant support for The Diana Award’s owned and partnership/collaborative events and campaigns alongside other staff members and external partners throughout the year (e.g. exhibitions, events, fundraising events, performances etc.).
- Responsible for general functions as a Marketing & Communications Officer, responding to inquiries from general public and other interested parties.
- Work alongside the partnerships and fundraising team to promote fundraising campaigns and product collaborations to expand our unrestricted funding
- Evaluate and review marketing campaigns and communications, producing regular reports to a range of stakeholders against agreed targets
- Digital skills, including eMarketing, social media strategy and execution, SEO, and Google Analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate using technology and develop high quality presentations to aid in delivery
- Able to prioritise own workload and deal with competing demands
- Good photography skills with experience producing live social media content – video production skills would be highly desirable.
- Innovative and with creative flair
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences, and for different platforms and channels
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail with a keen eye for proof reading
- An understanding of PPC, HTML/CSS and competency in Adobe Suite would be considered an asset
- Experience of devising and delivering creative and effective digital marketing and communications campaigns using a range of tactics or channels
- Experience writing for a range of audiences and producing persuasive content including press releases, blogs and other public facing content
- Experience of using an e-marketing system, such as MailChimp
- Experience of overseeing an organisation’s website and multiple social media tools such as Hootsuite
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the youth sector and its key audiences is desirable
- Commitment to and ability to inspire commitment to The Diana Award’s vision, values and mission
- Personal integrity and credibility
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Commitment to self-development
- Commitment to keeping up to date with key trends/developments in the sector
- Good judgement
- Driven to achieve great results
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Energetic, flexible, willingness to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours