£34,000 – £38,000 per annum (depending on experience)
London Office (currently working remotely due to Covid-19)
*updated 30/7/20* Initial 3 year contract as per funding
37.5 hours per week
Director of Operations
24 August 2020 at 09:00am
Free barista (london office only)
An extra day off on your birthday!
Annual training and development contribution
Fun coworking office space
Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential independent help and information service for staff, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Over the past 20 years The Diana Award has delivered services to thousands of young people across the UK and beyond, honing our expertise and skills to produce exceptional, high quality interventions that create long lasting change.
As we embark on the next phase of our strategy, we’re looking for an experienced HR Generalist to take the lead on developing, implementing and delivering our People Strategy. This is a hands on role, managing all aspects of HR across the organisation, and working closely with staff at all levels.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not exhaustive and staff may be required to undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the role as requested by the line manager.
- Act as the first point of contact in relation to all internal and external HR related enquiries
- Advise managers on a range of employee related issues including performance management; sickness and absence issues; and disciplinary and grievance matters
- Ensure that The Diana Award’s HR policies and procedures comply with current legislation and best practice and are updated in accordance with the organisations needs and values
- Oversee and support all stages of the recruitment process
- Manage and deliver the induction process for all new staff and volunteers
- Develop and facilitate relevant training to staff and volunteers
- Take the lead on ensuring staff have access to continious learning and development opportunities
- Manage the DBS application for all Diana Award staff and volunteers
- Liaise with the finance team to ensure accurate records and assist in the monthly payroll process, including the notification of new employees, pay related contract variations, leave notifications and pension/benefit changes
- Develop and implement an effective HR Information System
- Lead on a review of our performance management system and the subsequent implementation of this system
- Ensure staff voice and feedback is captured to inform future strategy through exit interviews, forums and an annual staff survey
- Ensure all employee relations issues are dealt with in an effective manner, partnering with line managers when necessary. This includes conducting disciplinary meetings, grievance meetings etc.
- Lead the coordination of our Culture Committee, aimed at promoting our values across the organisation
- Promote and champion diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation
An effective communicator at all levels, with the ability to build good relationships both internally and externally
Sound judgement and decision making – ability to make decisions in line with company policy and the law
Discretion and confidentiality
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
Good attention to detail and accuracy
- CIPD Qualified to minimum level 5, or with demonstrable HR generalist equivalent experience
- Good working knowledge of employment law and solid understanding of best practice in HR policies and procedures
- Experience managing complex employee relations issues including the ability to maintain confidentiality, data security and handle sensitive conversations
- Experience supporting organisational change
- Experience of supporting remote working
- Experience of delivering on a diversity and inclusion strategy (advantageous)
- Experience facilitating, advising, guiding and supporting line managers
- Experience working with HR systems
- Commitment to and ability to inspire commitment to The Diana Award’s vision, values and mission
- A self-starter with the drive, determination and commitment to get things done.
- Personal integrity and credibility
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Commitment to self-development
- Commitment to keeping up to date with key trends/developments in the sector
- Good judgement
- Driven to achieve great results
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Energetic, flexible, willingness to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours