GRAPHIC DESIGN VOLUNTEER
Are you a keen graphic design student with an eye for detail? We’re looking for someone to help tell the visual story of our organisation through print, digital and more! This is a great opportunity to put your graphic design skills into practice and gain some work experience in a busy London office.
Unpaid – volunteer position with daily lunch stipend of £5. Travel may be eligible for reimbursement.
Flexible – minimum three months
Flexible – minimum two days a week
Marketing & Communications Manager
Free barista (London office only)
Fun coworking office space
ABOUT THE ROLE
1. Who we are looking for...
Working closely with our Marketing & Communications Manager, the Graphic Design Volunteer will be responsible for providing design support for the communications team through a variety of channels including print, digital, web, and others as assigned.
Based in The Diana Award’s London Head Office, the post holder will assist with the development and design of core The Diana Award graphics, marketing collateral, event materials, resources, social media and website content and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not exhaustive and staff may be required to undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the role as requested by the line manager.
1. Graphic Design
- Design and produce graphic assets for print and digital including: marketing collateral, event materials, training resources, presentations, social media, blog and website content and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned while ensuring design integrity and brand alignment across all touch points
- Work collaboratively with the team in brainstorming graphic ideas
- Contribute in other design projects, as required
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes, while balancing strong design and tight deadlines
2. Design Examples
- Event programmes
- Banners, signage & event collateral
- Campaign packs
- Social media collateral
- Blog and website imagery
- Pitch presentations
- Annual Reports
- Advertising collateral (print & digital)
- And more
- Strong sense of typography, colour and balance
- Understanding of design principles and the application of brand guidelines
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion at all times
- Excellent attention to detail
- Copywriting and proofing skills are an asset
2. Personal Attributes_
- Motivated & passionate about Design
- Commitment to and ability to inspire commitment to The Diana Award’s vision, values and mission.
- Personal integrity and credibility
- Driven to achieve great results.
- Able to Participate in a Fast-Paced, Open Concept Environment
- Professional & energetic
- An interest in the youth sector
- Able to create content for a wide range of audiences
- Currently pursuing a Graphic Design undergraduate or graduate degree or possess equivalent work experience
- High competence using Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Excellent computer knowledge for both Mac and PC environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Interest in the third sector, and supporting the development of young people is a plus
- Familiarity and interest in social media considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY_
To apply please send a short cover letter alongside your CV and a link to your online portfolio or 3-5 pieces of your work to email@example.com with ‘Graphic Design Volunteer’ in the subject line.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview at our London office.
Unfortunately we are unable to give feedback to applicants not shortlisted for interviews.