£250 per training day + expenses (travel, accommodation and subsistence) in line with our expenses policy
This is a self-employed position for a period of 4 months (September – December). Exact dates for training events will be provided if invited to an interview. Please note this could be up to 3 days a week during term time
UK Wide, extensive travel will be required across the UK
Monday 15th August 2022 at 09.00am
Interviews will take place online over Zoom on Thursday 18th August. We will be in touch by email with all candidates who are successful from initial shortlisting to invite them to interview by end of day on Monday 15th August.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Diana Award Anti-Bulling Ambassador Programme is seeking a freelance facilitator on a four-month contract to deliver our Anti-Bullying Ambassador Programme in primary and secondary schools throughout the United Kingdom. If you have previous experience of delivering training and facilitating to young people, apply today!
- To date, the Anti-Bulling Ambassador Programme has trained over 40,000 young people throughout the UK. The programme engages and mobilises young people and staff in social action to tackle the issue of bullying behaviours.
- Training for the Anti-Bullying Ambassador Programme is primarily delivered in schools via large (up to 150 young people) training events, but we also deliver remote sessions using online platforms. This role will largely focus on our in-person training offer, so willingness to travel extensively across the UK, with overnight stays, is a necessity. Most training events have around 60-100 young people in attendance.
- Most of our training days are delivered by 2x Facilitators, so the successful candidate will be facilitating closely with another member of the Training Team. (Please note: from time to time, solo delivery may be required, for example if a training day has fewer young people signed up than usual or if government COVID restrictions change)
- All training content and materials will be provided to you and we anticipate a short induction period for the successful candidate to visit a training day to see this in action, before commencing delivery.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not exhaustive and staff may be required to undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the role as requested by the line manager.
- Delivering up to 3x full-day training events per week across the United Kingdom during term-time (some overnight stays may be required.)
- Deliver training sessions to a range of schools and ages (7-17) with the aim of reducing bullying behaviour
- Work in collaboration with the Anti-Bullying Team to ensure an integrated approach to programme delivery.
- Undertake preparation activities to familiarise yourself with training session materials.
- Participate in supervision at agreed intervals with the Programme Manager (Anti-Bullying) and additional trainings and briefings as assessed appropriate.
- Engage young people with our Anti-Bullying Ambassador Training and offer further opportunities where relevant.
- Establish and sustain strong relationships with schools, FE colleges, APs and youth organisations.
- Uphold safeguarding policy and practice when working with young people.
- Ability to meaningfully and positively engage large groups of young people is vital
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel extensively across the UK to deliver training sessions
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of facilitation with large groups of young people.
- Experience in youth engagement and/or programmes.
- Experience in safeguarding and child protection (or willingness to undertake training).
- Experience of working with schools and/or youth organisations.