DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Passionate about all things digital? We’re looking for an enthusiastic, tech savvy marketing and communications professional to join our energetic comms team.
The Digital Communications Officer will be responsible for telling the story of The Diana Award, increasing our online presence and promoting both our services and values.
up to £24,000 per annum depending on experience
1 year initial fixed term contract
37.5 Hours per week
Marketing and Communications Manager
ASAP. Please apply now as this position will be closed once we have received sufficient applications.
Free barista (london office only)
An extra day off on your birthday!
Annual training and development contribution
Fun coworking office space
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not exhaustive and staff may be required to undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the role as requested by the line manager.
- Develop and deliver a digital content strategy, schedule and distribution plan for all Diana Award Programmes (Award, Mentoring, Anti-Bullying)
- Develop, manage and update content for The Diana Award websites, and other micro sites, ensuring content is compelling, up-to-date and consistent in style and brand (Please note The Diana Award currently use WordPress and Square Space)
- Lead implementation and management of appropriate SEO and analytics tools to increase traffic to the website, social media channels and gain a deeper understanding of The Diana Award’s key audiences
- Manage our PPC campaigns to maximise the potential of our Google AdWords Grant and promote the charity’s core programmes and events
- To assume the role of copy-writer and in-house journalist producing engaging, relevant written content to share internally and externally include managing and editing content submissions for the organization blog
- Develop the e-newsletter strategy for the organisation to ensure communications are sent on time and to the correct audiences, and that subscriber numbers grow and engagement increases as we develop an online community
- Manage and deliver the content schedule for all company social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat) growing our audience and maximising overall reach and engagement, this includes working with key influencers on a monthly Instagram live
- Coordinate, edit, build, and distribute outbound email campaigns to support Diana Award programmes and initiatives as well as managing email lists to insure targeted communications
- Support on key marketing campaigns and events throughout the year, alongside the communications team and other staff members
- Work alongside the partnerships and fundraising team to promote fundraising campaigns and product collaborations to expand our unrestricted funding
- Evaluate and review digital marketing campaigns and communications, producing regular reports to a range of stakeholders against agreed targets
- Excellent up to date knowledge of website content management and demonstrable skills in updating and improving website content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate using technology and develop high quality presentations to aid in delivery
- Able to prioritise own workload and deal with competing demands
- Good photography skills with experience producing live social media content – video production skills would be highly desirable.
- Innovative and with creative flair
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences, and for different platforms and channels
- Digital skills, including SEO, PPC, Google Analytics, CMS and Social Media
- An understanding of HTML/CSS and competency in Adobe Suite would be considered an asset
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to think strategy and with a long-term vision
- Accuracy and attention to detail with a keen eye for proof reading
- Experience of devising and delivering creative and effective digital marketing
- and communications campaigns using a range of tactics or channels
- Experience of writing for a range of audiences, and for different platforms and channels
- Experience of using an e-marketing system, such as Mail Chimp
- Experience of overseeing an organisation’s website
- Experience managing multiple social media tools
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the youth sector and its key audiences
- Experience of liaising with external suppliers and agencies
- Experience of using Google AdWords is preferable
- Commitment to and ability to inspire commitment to The Diana Award’s vision, values and mission
- Ability to forward-plan and think strategically
- Personal integrity and credibility
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Commitment to self-development
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Driven to achieve great results
- Energetic, flexible and a willingness to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours and travel across the UK with overnight stays when required