BECOME A DIANA AWARD JUDGE
Type Voluntary Position
Eligibility A minimum of 13 years old
Closing Date 20 January 2021, 17:00 GMT
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Passionate about celebrating the achievements of young people? Want to make your CV stand out? Become a Judge for The Diana Award and help us to shine a spotlight on the incredible things young people are doing in their communities!
You will be supported through training the process will learn lots of new, transferrable skills, network with other inspiring judges and be invited to a Diana Award celebration event.
In order to be eligible for the position of The Diana Award Judge, you must:
- Be a minimum of 13 years old (successful 13 – 25 year old applicants are ‘Young Judges’, with a minimum of one Young Judge on each regional panel).
- Be available during the judging time period as detailed in the judging timeline table.
- Not be involved in the judging of a nomination from your own organisation or know a nominee in any context.
- Not be a 2020 Diana Award recipient (this would be a conflict of interest as 2020 Diana Award recipients will also be considered for the 2021 Legacy Award).
- Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm to celebrate the achievements of young people.
Participating in the judging process is a lot of fun, and you will gain a lot in the process!
- Learn new, transferrable skills e.g. confidence, communication, analytical judgement, critical skills, team work.
- Make your CV stand out.
- Network with your business/youth professional judging panel members.
- Attend a Diana Award celebration event.
- Be inspired and motivated by the stories of young people in your area.
- Make a difference. Shine a spotlight on the incredible difference young people are making within their communities!